Building Civil Society
Continuous training programs to the women of the selfhelpgroups in Gudalur have resulted in a general upliftment of their living standards and 40 % of the households have changed from Below poverty Line to a middle class status. This resulted in the fact that PALM 2 increased its focus towards organising the poor and marginalised farmers , who are still left behind in development.
draw backs for farmers are :
- – caste issues
- – low or no income from agri fields
- – no access to the government Departments
- – lack of motivation for women farmers
- – unexpected weather patterns and climate change effects.
- – overpowering influence by middlemen/ dependency
- – insufficient knowledge on existing schemes Highlights for 2016 : under Agriculture : Farmers Producers Companies