Vision, Main Goal and Objectivies
OUR MAIN FOCUS IS
- Towards empowerment of target communities
- Women Focused
- Working in Partnership.
- Economic, agricultural, environmental, social and institutional sustainability.
- Transparency in dealings.
- Inter dependency
- Rights based and need based
VISION AND MISSION:
To enhance poverty reduction of the poor and marginalized men and women towards a respectable standard of living and promote an improved and balanced eco system, regardless race, caste, tribe or religion
PALM 2 uses a participatory holistic development approach in which all subjects in development are interconnected.
To eradicate poverty among the most deprived communities by building up men and women through a step by step development process, towards a sustainable livelihood and total self reliance with the main focus on sustainable agriculture, bio diversity and basic human rights
Sub objectives – Building Civil Society
- To encourage formation and strengthening of SHG’s and farmer groups through relevant programs and link them up with available financial resources
- To promote a healthy entrepreneurship by extending EDP training programs for an Income for men and women.
- To utilize the government health staff to deliver improved preventive and curative health in all target villages
- To promote Government schemes in skill development and handicapped programs, subsidy schemes and other related programs offered by the Government.
- To develop knowledge on legal and basic rights to obtain all legal benefits.
- To assist the Government in implementing reforestation, sanitation, water management and man/ animal conflict and promote sustainable energy.
Sub objectives – Tribal Development
- To enter tribal villages through early childhood development and engage the parents and promote pre school and primary education.
- To form and strengthen 15 Village Development Committees and coordinate monthly meetings for improvement of infrastructure , educational and cultural habits and practice sramadana.
- To open Bank accounts and promote an internal saving system in the VDC.
- To guide the 15 VDC’s towards democratic self operation through leadership and skill development programs and facilitate improved knowledge of tribal rights through expertise.
- To motivate the villagers to utilize all the available government Schemes.
Sub objectives – Sustainable Agriculture
- To form 302 farmers groups out of 4565 farmers into 3 FPC’s (Farmers Producer Company) towards self reliance through a series of training programs and exposures by end of 2018.
- To select and train the Board of Directors and register 3 FPC’s by end 2018
- To facilitate FPC marketing for self reliance
- To encourage and train farmers in 3 target areas to practice organic farming according to PGS ( participatory guarantee system ) system
- To improve the farmers income with at least 15 % by end 2018